Clerk of the Court

The Clerk of the Superior Court keeps court records and collects all fees, fines, bonds, and restitutions. The Office of the Clerk is the first stop to initiate any superior court action regarding child support, civil (passport, marriage license, protection order, divorce/dissolution, legal records), criminal (appeals), probate (guardianship and conservatorship), mental health, tax, or domestic relations matters (conciliation and mediation, paternity/maternity). The superior court also oversees juvenile court filings including adoption, dependency, severance, and delinquency actions.

Records Request

To request access to court records or to have the clerk’s office perform a search for you, complete the following form and submit it to the Clerk’s office. 

Submission Options: 

  • Fax: (928) 337-2771 
  • Drop by: 70 West 3rd South, Saint Johns, Arizona (three blocks south of Main Street) 
  • Or include a check or money order for fees and mail the request to Annell Hounshell, Clerk of the Apache County Superior Court, PO Box 365, St. Johns, AZ 85936. 

Specify exactly what you need from the file, and provide as much information as possible to help us find the file (name, birth date, SSN, case number, date, or time period). Note on the form if you would like us to call you to come and pick up the materials in person. 

Online Court Records: Apache County Superior Court cases since 1995 are accessible online at no charge. Visit the Arizona Judicial Branch Public Access to Court Information website to search the database. 

Search Court Records in Person: You may come to the courthouse and search the records yourself at no charge. Our hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays, except government holidays. To avoid extensive wait times, please call ahead with your case file so we can retrieve it from storage.

Document Filing & Recording

The Apache County Superior Court does not accept fax filings of court documents. Please submit case related documents by mail or in person at the courthouse.

Search Fees

The court provides essential information without a charge. Essential information includes case numbers, party names, and filing dates. We charge a research fee for all case information requests above and beyond these essential items. 

We accept search fees via cash, check, money order, Visa, or Mastercard. 

  • Searching court records online - No charge 
  • Searching court records in person at the courthouse - No charge 
  • Research performed by the clerk’s office - $30 
  • Copies of file document - $0.50 per page 
  • Certification - $30 per document 
  • Mailing or faxing search results - $7.00 
  • Mail search results if SASE provided with search request form - No charge

Court-Ordered Financial Obligation

If you are required to pay fines, penalties, fees, or other financial reparations as a result of a judgment of this court and unable to pay, bring this information to the attention of court staff or the judge. In certain circumstances, payments may be made over time or we may consider other alternatives. Do not ignore your responsibility to pay, as this may result in additional penalties and costs to you.


Why are record searches usually requested?
To get copies of a marriage license or divorce decree, do background checks, obtain family information, child support payment history, or criminal payment history. 

Who needs to submit a Request for Access to Court Records form?

What records can I search or request?
Any public records, including juvenile delinquency, criminal, probate, guardianship, domestic, and civil cases. 

What records can not be searched by the public?
Adoption, mental health, and all other dependency records are closed to the public unless approved by a judge. To request a release of a sealed file, provide a written letter of request to the judge, state specifically what your interest is in the file and what documents you want. Please allow some time for the judge to review and approve or deny the request. 

How long does it typically take for the Clerk’s office to respond to a record request search?
Three to five days depending on number of requests received and whether the case file is in storage. 

How will I know when my search results are ready?
Requests made via fax or mail will be sent to you through the USPS. For pickup at the courthouse, we will contact you when they are ready.

Contact Information

Apache County Superior Court House
70 W. 3rd South St.
PO Box 365
St Johns, AZ 85936 

P: (928) 337-7550
F: (928) 337-2771
St. Johns, Arizona 85936

Office of the Clerk Staff

  • Annell Hounshell
    Clerk of the Court
    P: (928) 337-7550
    Send Email
  • Delana Waite
    Chief Deputy
    P: (928) 337-7587
    Send Email